If you’re like most REALTORS®, you’ve heard of social media ads – but should you really be running them? This guide explains what social media ads are, why they might be a good fit for your business, and how to create effective ads that get clicks.
Should You Run Ads on Social Media to Grow Your Real Estate Business?
First things first: Not all real estate agents should run ads on social media. Sure, they can be a great way to reach new leads and grow your business – but they’re not right for everyone. In order to understand whether they’re a good fit for your business, read on.
What Are Social Media Ads?
Social media ads are paid advertisements that appear on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn. Unlike traditional advertising, which interrupts users with ads they didn’t ask to see, social media ads appear in users’ feeds alongside content from friends and family.
Some social media platforms, like Facebook, even allow you to target your ads to specific groups of people based on interests, demographics, and even behaviors. For example, you may be able to set up a campaign that only shows ads to people who have looked at real estate listing websites in the recent past.
Related: 3 high-tech ways to earn more money next year
Why Run Social Media Ads?
There are a few key reasons you might want to consider running social media ads, even if you’re already doing other forms of advertising.
- Reach a Wider Audience: First and foremost, social media ads allow you to reach a wider audience than most other forms of advertising. With over 2 billion active users on Facebook alone, there’s a good chance your target audience is using social media – and that they’re not seeing your ads elsewhere.
- Target Your Audience: Social media platforms like Facebook allow you to target your ads to specific groups of people. This means you can be sure that your ads are being seen by people who are actually interested in what you’re selling – rather than wasting money on ads that reach everyone (including those who will never be interested in your product).
- Get More Bang for Your Buck: Social media ads are also relatively inexpensive, especially when compared to other forms of advertising like TV or print. This makes them a great option if you’re on a tight budget – and it also means you can test out different ads to see what works best for your business without breaking the bank.
Related: Everything you need to know about real estate blogging
How to Create Effective Social Media Ads
So how do you create ads that actually get results? Here are a few tips to get you started:
- Start with a Strong Headline: Just like any other ad, your social media ad should have a strong headline that grabs attention and tells users what your service is all about. Maybe you’re marketing yourself as an expert on a specific community, offering free CMAs, or selling a specific listing; regardless, make sure your heading is clear and understandable.
- Use Eye-Catching Images: Social media is a visual medium, which means your ads should be eye-catching and visually appealing. Use high-quality images (preferably real estate photos) and avoid using too much text – Facebook limits the amount of text you can use in your ad image, so less is definitely more.
- Include a Call to Action: Every good ad has a call to action, and social media ads are no exception. Make sure your ad includes a CTA button (like “Learn More” or “Sign Up Now”) so users know what the next step is.
If all else fails, hire a professional. Sometimes the benefits far outweigh your initial investment!
Related: Email marketing tips that turn leads into clients
Ready to Explore Your Career With Benchmark Realty, LLC?
If you’re an agent who’s ready to explore your options with a brokerage that has your back, discover Benchmark. Take a few moments to learn about our company and what we offer – including:
- Three simple broker plans, all with 100 percent commission
- Cutting-edge marketing tools and consistent training, all free to you
- 24/7 access to any Benchmark office
- No franchise fees, no desk fees and no technology fees
When you’re ready, apply to join the Benchmark family. With offices all over Middle Tennessee, including Nashville, Clarksville, Cool Springs, Murfreesboro and Hendersonville, there’s a place for you to be better… Be Benchmark.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.