If you’re like most agents, you already know that great listing photos can help you sell your clients’ homes faster – and often for more money. But can you get great shots on your own, or should you leave it to the pros? This guide explains seven reasons you should hire a professional real estate photographer for your next listing.
7 Ways Professional Photos Help You Sell Homes Faster (and for More Money)
Though you may be great at taking photos, real estate listings need a professional touch. Check out these seven reasons good listing photos are essential:
- Photos are buyers’ first impression of the home
- Professional photos get 61 percent more online views
- Listings that feature professional photos have a higher perceived value
- Homes that have been professionally photographed bring in a 47 percent higher asking price per square foot
- 87 percent of buyers rely on photos to make decisions about homes
- Professionally photographed homes sell 32 percent faster than their counterparts
- Professional photos make sellers happy
Here’s a closer look at each.
#1. Photos Create the First Impression
Nearly every modern buyer begins searching for homes online – and that means the first impression they’re going to get of your client’s home is through listing photos. It’s simple: Professional photos look better and create a better first impression, so they’re more likely to get your client’s home on a prospective buyer’s “short list.”
#2. Professional Photos Get More Online Views
Professional photos attract attention. Think about how quickly you’re willing to keep scrolling when a picture doesn’t contain something you care about on social media; the same principle applies to buyers who are looking at real estate listing websites. A 2013 Redfin study found that great listing photos even helped homes sell faster – and for higher amounts.
Related: Tools and tech for Benchmark agents
#3. Listings With Professional Photos Have a Higher Perceived Value
Listings with professional photos have a higher perceived value than those with cellphone photos or those shot with a low-quality camera and poor lighting. Expert marketers know this, too – that’s why you see professionally photographed products in online catalogs and food photographed on elegant platters.
#4. Professionally Photographed Homes Bring in a 47% Higher Asking Price
A Redfin study discovered that professionally photographed homes can fetch a 47 percent higher asking price per square foot – and that can mean a significantly better deal for your sellers.
#5. 87% of Buyers Rely on Photos
A stunning 87 percent of buyers rely mostly on photos to decide whether to tour a home in person. In fact, according to the National Association of REALTORS®, photos are the most valuable part of a real estate listing. According to NAR, here’s what people think of real estate listings:
- 87 percent find photos very useful
- 85 percent read listing descriptions
- 52 percent find floor plans very useful
- 46 percent find virtual tours very useful
- 42 percent feel that an agent’s contact information is useful to them
#6. Professionally Photographed Homes Sell 32 Percent Faster
Home listings with professional photos sell faster than their counterparts do, and part of that is likely due to the fact that great photos engage buyers. Visually attractive photos are more likely to entice buyers to schedule tours, and it’s a lot easier to sell a home after making a great first impression online.
#7. Professional Photos Make Sellers Happy
Ultimately, your job is to make your clients happy – and professional listing photos help you do that. Using a professional photographer to get pictures of your clients’ homes shows them that you actually care about getting them results. Naturally, they’ll be even happier when you sell the home quickly (and at the best possible profit).
Ready to Explore Your Career With Benchmark Realty, LLC?
If you’re an agent who’s ready to explore your options with a brokerage that has your back, discover Benchmark. Take a few moments to learn about our company and what we offer – including:
- Three simple broker plans, all with 100 percent commission
- Cutting-edge marketing tools and consistent training, all free to you
- 24/7 access to any Benchmark office
- No franchise fees, no desk fees and no technology fees
When you’re ready, apply to join the Benchmark family. With offices all over Middle Tennessee, including Nashville, Clarksville, Cool Springs, Murfreesboro and Hendersonville, there’s a place for you to be better… Be Benchmark.